Stay at Homestory Cup is back with its XXL edition and a theme that takes us back to StarCraft's origins - 1998! Serral has won the last 5 Homestory Cups consecutively. Will his reign continue for the 6th term?
The first StarCraft was published on March 31, 1998, and just a few days earlier, on March 22, Serral was born. Coincidence? We think not! Serral seems destined to win this event.
Serral started the tournament in Group B, from which he advanced first into the Round-of-16. He took down souL 2-0 and then carried on to defeat Astrea 2-1 in the Winners' Match.
The second Group Stage was smooth sailing as well with Serral taking down both INnoVation and Zest, dropping no maps in the process.
- Group Stage 1:
- 8 groups with 4 players each, played in Dual Tournament Format.
- Top 2 of each group advance to the second Group Stage.
- All matches are Bo3.
- Group Stage 2:
- 4 groups with 4 players each, played in Dual Tournament Format.
- Top 2 of each group advance to the Playoffs.
- First 2 matches per Group are Bo3.
- All other matches are Bo5.
- Double-elimination bracket of 8 players.
- All matches are Bo5.
- For the Grand Finals a Bo5 is played. If the player coming from the winners bracket wins then that player won the match. If the player coming from the losers bracket wins that Bo5 then an additional Bo3 will be played to determine the overall winner.